10am Sunday 22 September 2019. Hebrews 12: 1-17 & 13: 1-8. Haggai 2: 4-7.
As we finish our study of Hebrews, Greg Olliffe talks about True Worship, and covers these topics:
– Run the race: run with perseverance; fix your eyes on Jesus; don’t lose heart or grow weary.
– Better not bitter: strength against sin; endure hardship; be strengthened.
– Sculpted to please God: true love; laurels for the leaders; faith not food; being a living sacrifice.
10am Sunday 25 August 2019. Hebrews 7:1-28. Genesis 14: 17-20.
In this sermon, Greg Olliffe talks about Jesus our great high priest.
1. What kind of priest? (Heb. 5:1-10)
– Under the old covenant (v 1-4)
– How is Jesus a legitimate high priest? (v 5-6)
– This obedient son completely achieves God’s purpose
– He is our source of salvation (v 7-10)
2. Looking back and looking forward (Heb. 7:1-28)
– Jesus is a priest like Melkchizedek (v 1-19)
– Jesus priesthood is superior (v 20-28)